Monday, August 01, 2005

Meet the Reflector's newest guest writer

I have spoken to Elizabeth Crisp a little while back and asked to be allowed to write a bi-monthly column in the Reflector entitled "From City Hall". It will be my chance to inform students of the issues facing the board of alderman and how it may effect them. This is just one of the many things I plan to do to keep both students and citizens informed and involved in local government. Included at the end of these articles will be my email address and cell phone number should anyone need to contact me.

In addition to this initative I plan to speak to all of the fraternities/sororieties as well as various students organizations at least once a year. I will also occasionally recanvass various neighborhoods in Ward 4 to see what the current issues facing the residents are.

My goal is to not be able to walk across campus without people knowing who I am. It is important that students, faculty, and staff at MSU as well as citizens of Starkville get to know me and feel comfortable being able to approach me on various issues.

No comments: